Guidelines for RFIC 2010 Interactive Forum Presentations
Download the PDF of this guide here
Congratulations on having your paper accepted for the 2010 RFIC Symposium as an Interactive Forum presentation. The Interactive Forum provides an opportunity for the presenter to engage in direct discussions with small groups of interested viewers. Be prepared to use your time in the Interactive Forum to explain your work and to answer specific questions. Before the conference, we will provide an opportunity to have your material reviewed and provide feedback to avoid common mistakes that make conveying your ideas difficult. Please be prepared to submit an electronic proof copy of your Interactive Forum material, in pdf format, on or before May 22, 2009 for this purpose. For now, here is some information to consider as you prepare to make your presentation:
- Plan on using an area that consists of two “push-pin bulletin boards” (poster boards). The size of this board is 1.2 x 2.4 meters (4 x 8 ft). We will provide push-pins and tape for attaching your materials to the poster boards.
- In your presentation, please provide an Introduction with an Outline and a Summary that includes a Conclusion. Use bullet charts, figures, tables, equations, and photographs as applicable to highlight the important technical content of your paper. Simply posting the pages of the written version of your paper is a very poor practice for the Interactive Forum.
- The title of your poster should appear in block letters which are at least 10 cm (4 in) high. Try to make the majority of the lettering at least 5 cm high. Please be considerate to those viewers who are standing at a distance by making the majority of the material easily legible from a distance of 2 meters. Graphs and charts should be at least 20 x 25 cm (8 x 10 in) or larger. The use of color graphics and headline-style phrases in bullet charts will allow the audience to quickly see the theme of your topic and grasp your intended message.
- If you are using several printed pieces, it is a good idea to sequentially number your posted material. This will indicate to the viewer a logical progression through your presentation.
- If applicable, the use of demonstration hardware and/or software, and audio-visual presentations are highly encouraged, and will make your presentation more interesting to a wider viewing audience.
On the day of your presentation, you should arrive at your assigned room from 1:15 PM to 2:00 PM to meet the Interactive Forum chairpersons and set up your presentation. Your Interactive Forum paper will be on display all day. You are required to be present at your assigned area (Rooms 208AB & 209AB) from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM, on Tuesday, May 25, 2010. You can be present to discuss your paper at other times throughout the day (at lunch, for example) but this is not required. It is helpful to bring a stack of paper copies of your Symposium Digest manuscript allowing visitors to take a copy. Presenters often provide their business cards and solicit the cards of their visitors so they may correspond in the future. You are required to remove your presentation materials after 5:00 PM on the day of your session. If you have further questions, feel free to contact the IF session Chairs, Waleed Khalil (email@example.com) and Patrick Yue (firstname.lastname@example.org). Also feel free to contact the RFIC TPC Co-Chairs, David Ngo (email@example.com) and Chris Rudell (firstname.lastname@example.org).